Aries Symbol Art Charms
For Homemade Key Chains, Make Your Own Magnets and Birthday Symbol Charms Using The Aries Symbol
This Aries zodiac symbol art charm idea can be used for making easy homemade key chains, homemade magnets or homemade rear view mirror charms...
They make clever homemade graduation gifts...
Fabulous homemade boyfriend gift ideas and girlfriend gift ideas...
Generally awesome homemade birthday gift ideas for friends, siblings, even dads (my dad has kept the charm I made him in the eighth grade dangling from his rear view mirror for the past 20 years!)...
However and whoever you decide to make your zodiac charm for will be your choice. Either way, it will be a thoughtful and personalized homemade gift for someone special.
How to Make a Aries Symbol Art Charm
- Polymer clay (Sculpey III) in two colors
- Metal paper clip
- Wax paper
- Masking tape
- Wire cutters
- Straight edged knife or something to cut clay
- Tooth pick
- Rolling pin or straight sided glass to roll clay out with
- Baking sheet
- Lint free cloth and/or baby wipes for easy clean up during and after
- If you'd like, you can print our Aries Template for easy reference when making the symbol.
Aries Zodiac Symbol Step-by-Step Instructions
- Prepare work surface. Tape a piece of wax paper to your work surface.
- Condition Clay. Your polymer clay will be hard and slightly brittle at first. To soften, break it up into 3 or 4 pieces and warm in hands. Start kneading and twisting clay. As clay gets softer, start rolling into snake like lengths, squish and press back together, roll into ball and repeat until clay is soft, smooth and even.
Tip: If needed, wipe hands with cloth or baby wipe between conditioning different colors.
- Flatten Clay. Do this however you like. One clean and simple way is to put a ball of clay between layers of wax paper and use a straight edged glass to roll it flat. Pick up the disk a couple times to prevent sticking.
Tip: Wipe work surface with a lint free cloth clean between rolling different colors.
- Trim Clay For Base. Using a knife or other straight edge tool, cut a square or rectangle from the color you plan to use on top. Cut the other color slightly larger then the first.
- Prepare paper clip. Open the paper clip and cut off the end as shown.
- Enclose paper clip. Press paper clip gently into bottom base piece and cover with top base piece. Press down gently to stick.
- Roll out Clay. To make this Aries symbol, roll clay out evenly into a snake like length (left). Gently flatten the coil by laying wax paper over it and lightly rolling lengthwise with your glass or rolling pin to get something like what's shown below (right).
- Make Aries Symbol. Slice down the center, leaving a 1/4 inch un sliced (left). Pull each side apart (right). Trim the bottom into a point (bottom). Continue to mold clay gently until you are satisfied with your sun sign symbol.
- Attach to Charm Base. Gently press symbol to charm base, taking care not to squish clay or leave finger prints.
- Bake Clay. Bake clay on parchment lined baking sheet in home oven at the temperature and time specified on manufacture's instructions. For the Sculpey III used here, the pieces were baked at 275° F (130° C) for 15 minutes. Do not over bake, Sculpey III polymer clay will scorch easily (scorched clay looks dark and shadowed).
Aries Symbol Art Charm Tips:
- To make a magnet, leave out the paper clip and once baked, glue a magnet to the back or attach self sticking magnet strips.
- These make great homemade birthday gift ideas , homemade teen gifts, homemade boyfriend gift ideas or girlfriend gift ideas and homemade graduation gifts for friends.
- Use whatever colors you like.
- String it up for a cute rear view mirror charm...
More Sun Sign Symbol Art Charms: Taurus Symbol, Gemini Symbol, Cancer Symbol, Leo Symbol, Virgo Symbol, Libra Symbol, Scorpio Symbol, Sagittarius Symbol, Capricorn Symbol, Aquarius Symbol, Pisces Symbol
Coordinating Homemade Gift Ideas...
Origami Box Instructions
An origami gift box is a fun and creative way to give this Sun Sign Art Charm...
Make a Pouch Card
Make a pouch card for a unique way to enclose and send a Sun Sign Art Charm for that special birthday guy or gal...
All 12 Birthday Symbols
Get templates for each of the Birthday Symbols and learn more about creating and crafting with Sun Signs on our Birthday Symbols main page...
Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?
This site is built and maintained using Site Build It!
You could do it too!!! Click here to learn more.
Affiliate Disclosure: To help me provide the information and tutorials contained in this website, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or links to any products or services from this website. Please note that I only endorse products that I believe would be of value to my readers. Also note that Homemade Gift Guru is a participant of Amazon’s affiliate program. I may make a small commission on orders made through my Amazon links. This helps me maintain my site. Thank you for your support!