Halloween Party Bags Are Lots of Fun...You Can Even Make Gift Bags Creepy with a Special Trick or Treat Surprise!
Weather you need just one or several, you can make gift bags yourself with this cheap and crafty Halloween gift idea. Make these homemade gift bags stand out with our unique idea for enclosing a creepy crawly critter right inside the window.
Use these treat bags for...
Kids love to see the goodies inside... make sure and include some spooky treats like eye ball wrapped chocolates and Jack-o-Lantern lollipops...
And if you want to get really "trick or treaty," make gift bags with a fake bug in the window, closed in by clear plastic (see instructions below)!
How to Make a Halloween Party Bag with a Surprise Window
Halloween Party Bag Instructions:
1. Cut Window. Cut whatever size window you'd like by placing a strip of paper board inside the bag and using a craft knife to cut a square or rectangle in just the front of the bag.
2. Cut and Apply Clear Film. Cut two pieces of clear film a little larger than your opening, about a 1/4 inch will do. Using a glue runner, apply glue around the outside edges of hole. Apply first piece of film.
Note: If you aren't including a creepy crawly, simply skip to step 4.
Tip: It's best to use a glue runner here because it dries instantly upon placing the film but a glue stick can be used instead.
3. Place Bug and Enclose. If desired, place a flat plastic or rubber critter on top of clear film. Apply glue again over edges and place the other piece of clear film over the bug, suspending the fake bug between.
Tip: Other ways to be creative with this idea... enclose a die cut message, paper confetti, glitter etc...
4. Glue Down Frame. Run glue yet again around the outside of hole (over the edges of the clear film). Take four skinny strips of card stock and position them like a frame. Trim as needed and press firmly.
Surprise! You now have a creepy crawly bug enclosed in clear film...
If you want... you can decorate with stickers, stamps or rub-on's!
5. Fill and Close with Decorative Ribbon. Fill bag(s) with candy, toys, a homemade gift or a little of each. Although you can just staple them shut, I prefer to use ribbon. To do this, fold the top of the bag down about an inch. Punch a whole in the top right and left corners. Thread ribbon through from the front and tie in a bow or knot in the back. For a fancier bag, tie bow in front.
If you'd like, feel free to include a couple of our Halloween Coloring Sheets along with whatever candy, toys and/or gifts you choose.
Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?
Ask Our Search Box...
Affiliate Disclosure: To help me provide the information and tutorials contained in this website, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or links to any products or services from this website. Please note that I only endorse products that I believe would be of value to my readers. Also note that Homemade Gift Guru is a participant of Amazon’s affiliate program. I may make a small commission on orders made through my Amazon links. This helps me maintain my site. Thank you for your support!