Gemini Zodiac Symbol Birthday Card
Try Out Some Unique Card Making Using Astrology Birthday Symbols...
Using the Gemini zodiac symbol is a fun way of personalizing a card for your favorite Gemini.
In case you're wondering, Gemini is the zodiac symbol for a person born approximately May 21st - June 20th, however, the dates vary by a day or two depending on the year of birth, click here if you need to determine the sign of someone born on "the cusp".
This handmade card features the color yellow (yellow is the "Gemini Special Color" according to Joanna Martine Woolfolk in her book The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need (it's a must have if you love astrology).
You can download a Gemini zodiac symbol template here or find a complete collection of astrology birthday symbols here.
To Make This Gemini Zodiac Symbol Greeting Card...
- card blank (5 x 6.5" folded card stock)
- paper: brown, yellow and gold
- gold craft cord
- foam sheet (I used yellow foam sheet with adhesive backing)
- gemini sign template
- paper glue
- paper scissors
- decorative scissors (as shown to right)
- 1/8" hole punch
- Cut yellow paper to 5 x 6 1/2"
- Cut another yellow piece to 4 x 4 1/2" - cut 1/4" off right side with decorative scissors
- Cut brown paper to 5 x 6 1/5" - cut 1/4" from right side with decorative scissors
- Cut another brown piece to 3 1/2 x 1" - cut 1/4" from right side with decorative scissors
- Cut gold paper to 3 1/4" x 1" - cut 1/4" from right side with decorative scissors
- Cut two pieces of foam to 4 x 1/2"
- Cut three pieces of foam to 3 x 1/2"
- Print zodiac sign template
- Cut around symbol so it can be centered on top of the yellow paper with the decorative right edge
- Using the template as a guide, punch 1/8" holes on top and
bottom corners as well as at joints where the lines meet - as shown to
the right with bright white
- Turn yellow paper over and glue the non-sticky side of the craft
foam to paper using a 4" piece on each side and a 3" piece on top and
- Sew craft cord across top and bottom leaving room for a curve
- Sew the straight lines down and back up using them to set the curves (as shown above)
- Tie craft cord ends, dab with glue and trim ends to 1/4"
- Stamp the word "gemini" on top of gold paper
- Glue 1" gold paper to 1" brown paper allowing brown to overlap slightly on top and left side - shown to right
- Take the last piece of foam and glue non-sticky side to bottom of gemini tag (toward bottom as shown)
- Glue the big piece of yellow paper to the card blank - allow to dry
- Center and glue the brown piece - allow to dry
- Peel backing off foam (or apply glue if using regular foam) and stick embellishments as shown, large one first, then gemini tag)
- Write your birthday message inside
- Give card to your lucky gemini friend!
Get all 12 birthday symbols and tips for using astrology to make great gifts on the Homemade Cards and Crafts with Zodiac Birthday Symbols page.
You may also like to make a Gemini Symbol Art Charm for a fun homemade key chain, homemade magnet or other birthday sign charm...
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.